Friday 1 October 2010

Teaser Trailer Research...

To get a full appreciation for teaser trailers and be able to analyse them impartially, I've chosen to look at teaser trailers, both for films I've seen, and for films I haven't seen. This will show me whether knowing the outcome of a film affects my ability to analyse the teaser trailer on its own, without including information i've gathered from watching the film.

I'm going to research three films which i've seen and three films which i haven't to make sure i have a variety of each, as well as any additional trailers i analyse.

Another reason for doing it this way is that i had difficulty finding examples of all the ancillary products for the three films which i had seen. While i was able to find and analyse film posters for all three of them, i couldn't find film magazine covers for any of them. For this reason, i looked into film magazines and found three films which i hadn't seen, which had all been on the cover of a film magazine.

My initial three films that i have seen are:


  • Toy Story 3

  • Red Eye

  • The Strangers

My initial three films that i haven't seen are:



  • Inception

  • Avatar

  • The Dark Knight

No comments:

Post a Comment